Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bbbbbiiiii
Helper II
Helper II

Admin - Get Activity Events API Error

Hi,

I've TRY this API at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/admin/get-activity-events but even though I think I've entered the correct parameters but error is returned 

bbbbbiiiii_0-1641956439100.png 

bbbbbiiiii_1-1641956545747.png

I've tried other similar APIs like GetGroupsAsAdmin, etc and there is no problem. Pls kindly help! Thk u so much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

Max duration for this is 1 day and you can get data for last 30 days only -  Refer Track user activities in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs
also if it is returning large volumn of data you need to limit your time frame less than 24 as well

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
bbbbbiiiii
Helper II
Helper II

Hi, a suggestion to Microsoft that the error message should state the exact cause which is "the start and end date should be within the past 30 days" instead of "Set your date's start time so its before the end time". Also, should include in the documentation that the max duration for this is 1 day and can only get data for the past 30 days  

bbbbbiiiii
Helper II
Helper II

Thk u so much! It is because I've followed the dates shown in the example. I've should have put in dates within the last 30 days

arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

Max duration for this is 1 day and you can get data for last 30 days only -  Refer Track user activities in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs
also if it is returning large volumn of data you need to limit your time frame less than 24 as well

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors