Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Additon of Office 365 group in App Workspace

Hi All,

I have few questions for Office 365 groups and Power BI App workspaces:

(1) Can we add Office 365 group (or give access) in Power BI App workspace? Currently we can add individual users while creating App workspace. Can we do this for Office 365 group. 

(2) We have different groups in Office 365 like: Office 365 group, Distribution list, mail enabled groups, security groups. Can we add any of them to App workspace in a similar way like in point 1.

(3) I belive we can share a dashboard or App with Office 365 groups? Is it right?

(4) How if we need to give access to Azure Active Directory group in App workspace? Is it available currently?

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi mannsandhu963,

Yes, you can add member to an O365 group(App Workspace) if you are an admin user but you can't share content in an O365 group while app workspace can. You can also add members for Distribution list(account list) and mail groups. But you can't add members to a security group. In addtion, distribution list, mail groups and security group are not invaid member account so you can't add them to an app workspace. To access AAD, you should have an Azure account which is different from O365 account. 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for the reply.
To confirm few things once more for my better understanding:
1. If you create office 365 group for some members. This group can not be added in already created app workspace? I mean the way you give access to individual members in an app workspace. It doesn't work this way for office 365 groups. Right?
2. Also same is also true for Azure active directory group?

I did my research and this is my understanding. Please correct me if I am wrong here.

Thanks

Hi mannsandhu963,

Yes, but you can consider to create a distribution list to contains the account list of your member instead.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors