Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

naizam
Helper II
Helper II

Adding youtube videos to Power BI report (NOT Dashboard)

Hello All,

Is there a way to add a video to Power BI report? We have a public facing (published to web) report where we would like to add a video. I have seen some threads about HTML viewer, but could not find that visual in the store anymore. If anyone can provide some ideas, it would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance

Naizam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @naizam ,

You can download previous version of HTML Viewer from: https://devinknightsql.com/2017/10/09/power-bi-custom-visuals-class-module-72-html-viewer/. Then import it to power bi desktop.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @naizam ,

You can download previous version of HTML Viewer from: https://devinknightsql.com/2017/10/09/power-bi-custom-visuals-class-module-72-html-viewer/. Then import it to power bi desktop.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Thank you @v-deddai1-msft . I found the same link from another blog immediately after the request here. I was able to get the Vimeo videos working but not YouTube.

Hi, 

Did you find a way te get youtube Video's working?

Thanx

@v-deddai1-msft ,

I was able to use videos in Vimeo using html viewer, but the video rendering is very slow in public facing link (publish to web report). Not able to get it working for YouTube videos though. Any idea why the slow response for public facing link? 

Any pointers to take care if this issue please?

Thanks,

Naizam

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors