Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rezvandeh
Regular Visitor

Adding a Power BI report to the Microsoft Teams

Hi All,

I have developed a report and published in a workspace. I could add the report as a new tab in Microsoft Teams too. It works for the Pro users who are viewing the report in the Microsoft Teams but not for the other users.(All users are added as a member in the workspace with view content only)

As of my understanding, I need to have EM or P and assign capacity to the workspace for other users to view the report. if this is true, then the next question is if the users use Microsoft Teams mobile App, and navigate to the Power BI tab, they are routed to either Power BI Service or Power BI Mobile App to view the report! in this case, which of the EM or P supports Mobile App?  

I have ~500 users. 

Cheers,

Reza

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

The webpart you are using is essentially a little window to Power BI.  So when your users navigate there in Teams, Power BI is rendered inside that little window.  This window then piggybacks on Power BI as if the user was using the report in the standard method.

Because it all exists in the Office 365 eco system, its able to pass through all the licensing information.  So if you get premium, that license is what will allow your free users to consume that report.  Without premium, everyone would need pro.

Whether you use the phone app or not doesn't change this requirement.

View solution in original post

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Reza,

Please refer to power-bi/service-premium#premium-capacity-nodes for details and download the whitepaper from that page. As we can see from the whitepaper page 39, 40 and 42, both EM nodes and P nodes support your scenario. But it still depends on your requirement. You can estimate it on this page.

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Reza,

Please refer to power-bi/service-premium#premium-capacity-nodes for details and download the whitepaper from that page. As we can see from the whitepaper page 39, 40 and 42, both EM nodes and P nodes support your scenario. But it still depends on your requirement. You can estimate it on this page.

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Jiascu!
Anonymous
Not applicable

The webpart you are using is essentially a little window to Power BI.  So when your users navigate there in Teams, Power BI is rendered inside that little window.  This window then piggybacks on Power BI as if the user was using the report in the standard method.

Because it all exists in the Office 365 eco system, its able to pass through all the licensing information.  So if you get premium, that license is what will allow your free users to consume that report.  Without premium, everyone would need pro.

Whether you use the phone app or not doesn't change this requirement.

Thanks Ross!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors