Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

authomas
Frequent Visitor

Adding 'Shared with Me' Reports to Teams Channel

Has anyone successfully added Shared with Me content to a Teams Channel? According to step 3 in the article below, we can add any reports from workspaces, apps, or shared with me. The workspaces and apps are fairly straightforward but I haven't figured out how to add any reports that have just been directly shared with me in Power BI.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-embed-report-microsoft-teams

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @authomas ,

For now, it is not supported to embed reports from Shared with me. After testing and based on the document, supported reports need to meet the conditions:

> The Tab enables embedding the following reports:

• Interactive and paginated reports
  • Reports in My workspace, new workspace experience, and classic workspaces
  • Reports in Power BI apps

Reference: Supported reports

Maybe you could let the report owner create an app which contains the report and grant you access to it. Then you could embed the report to Teams tab.

Reference: Publish an app in Power BI 

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @authomas ,

For now, it is not supported to embed reports from Shared with me. After testing and based on the document, supported reports need to meet the conditions:

> The Tab enables embedding the following reports:

• Interactive and paginated reports
  • Reports in My workspace, new workspace experience, and classic workspaces
  • Reports in Power BI apps

Reference: Supported reports

Maybe you could let the report owner create an app which contains the report and grant you access to it. Then you could embed the report to Teams tab.

Reference: Publish an app in Power BI 

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

Best Regards,
Xue Ding

Thanks @v-xuding-msft! That's interesting - I guess I should have read a little further but I didn't think they would contradict themselves within the same article. 😆

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors