Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

Adding Comments - cant do it from the App

I've published my dashboard and reports to a app and I've done a lot of demos showing users how they can add comments. Click on the ... and add comment. however they tried it from the app and the add comments option isn't available I really need them to be able to use this fuctionality. Why isn't it available in the app?

5 REPLIES 5
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @DebbieE ,

Based on my test, we can only give the comment at the report level for the custom app.

Best Regards,

Teige

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi,

I dont understand the response for this? Basically I have told the customers that they can add comments to the reports. I publish to the app so they can use it and comments dont seem to be available on the app. And this is at the report level? They arent trying to do it in the dashboard.

The comments should be avaiable through the published app surely? If not then why am I publishing to the app for the users?

Hi @DebbieE ,

Could you please share the screenshot?

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

Comments Issue.pngAfter further testing, If I go through the app I can see comments but the users cant. They are external users. Could that be the reason? Still we want external users to be able to use comments

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

still really hoping for a response from this. My external users cant add comments to any visual

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors