Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

marthagj

Add email to Row Level Security

I need to add additional users to Row Level Secutity. When I go to Dataset --> Security and select the group to add users to I see the users currently in the group greyed out. Add is also greyed out. When I key an email address to add to the group it does not stick.I have verified that the user i am trying to add is not already in the group. Seems I have lost authority to add to this list.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Me and my colleagues are having the exact same problem within my organisation.  It's becoming a major problem.

Hi @marthagj 

This is a known issue here.Please try the workaround as BITom said in this post.

--'A quick workaround I've found is to use the Edge or IE browser and to refresh the page before navigating to RLS page. This allows me to add members into the RLS groups but I need to refresh the page each time I switch reports that I am editing RLS on. Otherwise, no auto-correct or ability to save new members. On Chrome, I cannot manage to add new users to RLS groups even with this workaround. '

1.png

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @marthagj 

You may refer to below post to add external users to the group.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Add-users-outside-organization-to-user-groups-row-level-sec...

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Cherie, 

Thanks but my issue is with internal users. I successfully added a handful several weeks ago but now when I go to add additional users to Row Level Security everything is greyed out. I attempt to enter a new name to the role but the save button remains un-clickable. These are all active directory users that I am trying to enter. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors