Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Add a Panel Filter to the reading view

Hello everyone. 
I'm bulding a report in power bi of sales of medicines, it's almost finished but I need the panel filter in the reading view. It is really helpful because this way users can search a medicine instead of going through the list of all the products. This list contains around 1000 products. That's why this is really important.

filters.png

This is the view before posting online 

sal.jpg

And this is when I post it online. As you can see the Panel Filter is not included. 

If there's no way to this, is there a way I can put a browser in the report for the products?

I hope you can help me. 

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Filter pane is not supported in publish to web feature. You can vote this same idea: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/11725446-add-filter-feature-in-publish-to-web

To work around the issue currently, you can add a slicer visual into the report page, turn on Search, then users can type desired value in search bar then select it to filter data. 

w1.PNG

By the way, this is a issue regarding Power BI service instead of Power BI report server, please post the issue in Service forum if you have other issues on Power BI service. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Filter pane is not supported in publish to web feature. You can vote this same idea: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/11725446-add-filter-feature-in-publish-to-web

To work around the issue currently, you can add a slicer visual into the report page, turn on Search, then users can type desired value in search bar then select it to filter data. 

w1.PNG

By the way, this is a issue regarding Power BI service instead of Power BI report server, please post the issue in Service forum if you have other issues on Power BI service. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors