Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mgtaylor3
Helper I
Helper I

Add a Page Break to a Paginated Report WHEN exporting to excel only

Hi all, Been trying to do this to no avail...

I have a paginated report   that has 2 Tablix's   one for MTD and the other for YTD data.

Both Identical in columns.... only on soem MTD's   a column might not be used  and thus when exportign to excel throws the columns out of sync..

Is it possible, to run the report have both Tablix's showing  but when I export to excel I would like a Page break to be added to the end of the firt tablix, thus giving me 2 seperate worksheets, whe it;s exported.

Key is, to have the 2 showing on the Powerbi Service....   but split in Excel.  I've tried using the =Globals!RenderFormat.Name="EXCEL"     in various places but still no joy..

TIA.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mgtaylor3
Helper I
Helper I

Ok I managed to finally get this to work...

In the Page Break properties of the tablix, within the Disabled section I added this formula:

=IF(Globals!RenderFormat.Name="EXCELOPNXML",FALSE,TRUE)

now it does what I'm asking it to do, No page break when runnign the report in Power Bi , BUT does when exportign to EXCEL.

Great... hope that helps anyone else..

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
mgtaylor3
Helper I
Helper I

Ok I managed to finally get this to work...

In the Page Break properties of the tablix, within the Disabled section I added this formula:

=IF(Globals!RenderFormat.Name="EXCELOPNXML",FALSE,TRUE)

now it does what I'm asking it to do, No page break when runnign the report in Power Bi , BUT does when exportign to EXCEL.

Great... hope that helps anyone else..

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors