Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Markzolotoy
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Add PowerBI to free Azure subscription

I am trying to add Powerbi Embedded to my free Azure subsciption that I created using my personal account. I get:

You cannot create a Power BI Embedded capacity using a personal account. Use your organizational account instead.

Is it possible to solve that problem?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Kind of. You need the professional account for the Power Bi Embed resource you want to try in azure. There are other resources that you could try with the personal account. This change of account is because of the embed. You need a professional account to log in Power Bi, so you need it for embed.

If you want to try a SQL Databse in azure you probably can do it with personal.

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. I'm not completely sure but for me you can't do that with a personal account. Just think for a moment that you can't login to power bi with a personal account and you want to turn on capacity (power bi embed) in azure. It won't make sense. It will be a scam because you will be paying for something you can't use. Azure is aligned with office. If you have a professional account in one of them you can have it in the other.

What are you trying to accomplish? to check if we can help. If it is just testing embed by free you can check how it looks in the https://playground.powerbi.com/en-us/

If you really want to test the code and everything just create a professional account. It's free and I think you might be able to turn 200usd trial in azure. You can check this video about it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZyy_qqRPiU

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Markzolotoy
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I have created a trial office 365 account, but I got "you are eligible for free Azure ...................................". I was able to create a free azure with personal email. I am totally lost

It sounds like you won't be able to try the capacity for free 😞

You can still write the code and test the embed without the Azure resource. You can embed with Free or Pro while you develop. They ask the resource for production environment. The main difference is that the tokens generated to embed with pro or free will caducate at some point.

Regards,

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Markzolotoy
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

So the bottom line is that I need to create a professional account and use it for a free azure subscrition?

Kind of. You need the professional account for the Power Bi Embed resource you want to try in azure. There are other resources that you could try with the personal account. This change of account is because of the embed. You need a professional account to log in Power Bi, so you need it for embed.

If you want to try a SQL Databse in azure you probably can do it with personal.

Regards,

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors