Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

deepu299
Advocate V
Advocate V

Add Metrics app to a workspace

Hi, 

I have added Power BI Premium Capacity Metrics app to a workspace in the past and was able to share it with non capacity admins to view the metrics. With the recent updates on the app, whenver I try to go to workspace -> Get Data -> Services -> add the app, it is being added as an app only, not showing in the workspace. If there any solution to build this as a report and share with non-admins? 

thanks, 

Deep

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

What I have found is if you go into the Dashboard of the Premium Capacity App, then click on Share at the top you can then share it with other users?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @deepu299 ,

How about this?

1. Save the report as a copy in Apps. The copy report will be saved in My Worksapce automatically. 

capacity.jpg

2. Save a copy of the report copied earlier in My workspace.

capacity2.jpg

capacity3.PNG

Then, you can view the report in your new workspace.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @deepu299 ,

How about this?

1. Save the report as a copy in Apps. The copy report will be saved in My Worksapce automatically. 

capacity.jpg

2. Save a copy of the report copied earlier in My workspace.

capacity2.jpg

capacity3.PNG

Then, you can view the report in your new workspace.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks much @Icey  and @GilbertQ , appreciate your contribution here. I have one issue before trying these options, I can take to a new question but wanted to try if you have any idea. I have an app installed in March 2019, I am trying to delete it because any new app is pointing to the data from 2019. When I delete the app and refresh the browser it keeps coming up. I don't know if there any bug but I have tried new browser, tried incognito and tried around 40 times. Do you have any insights into how to resolve this? 

Hi there

Maybe give it a few minutes for it to delete the app, it could take up to 15mins to take effect?

Power BI Blog

@GilbertQ  There is some known issue as per my service ticket. 

The issue that you've experienced is uncommon but not unknown, and there is a workaround.

1. Open the app.  

2. In its URL, the GUID that follows /reports/ is the report's object ID.  (At this point, I'll need the Report ID here, so that I can use it to pull up the value you'll need in step 5.)

3. Head to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/datasets/deletedataset and click Try It. 

4. If you're not already signed in to Power BI, sign in. 

5. Put the database name value that I pull up from telemetry into the parameters section as the datasetId, then click Run.

If this works properly, the app should be removed, so you'll be free to re-download it and get a fresh set of data. 

That looks like a good way to get it back up and running again.

Power BI Blog

UPDATE: 

There are known bugs (don't know what) in the new app (as per Microsoft ticket), so the product team rolled back to the previous version. You can notice now that the Health Center is gone, they might fix the issues and republish it. 

Sharing is not an option always. It shows up randomly, sometimes on both dashboard and report, sometimes only on the dashboard and rest of the time nowhere. I am not sure if the option was not available on the previous versions, I coucldn't get it anymore, tried installing it 6 times already.  @GilbertQ 

Saving the report as a copy might work but I don't want to make redundant copies saving the report twice. Well, that's a solution to do if nothing else works, Thanks @Icey 

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

What I have found is if you go into the Dashboard of the Premium Capacity App, then click on Share at the top you can then share it with other users?

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors