Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

paulinuk2017
Frequent Visitor

Add 2 date pickers and pass values to stored procedure

Hello

Is it possible to place 2 date pickers into a report then add a button

I can then call a stored procedure and show it’s data?

My user wants to compare a set of values between 2 days

Paul
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@paulinuk2017

Based on your description, it seems you want to apply query parameter in your stored procedure to retrieve data. We are able to use the query parameter to retrieve data. 

123.PNG

However, it's not possible to populate a date picker into query parameter. And we can't only use "Query" type parameter in a query, which means we have to use "Any Value" or "List of Values". 

234.PNG

For your requirement, if you just need to filter records between two days, you can directly use a "Between" Data slicer.

Capture.PNG

Regards,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@paulinuk2017

Based on your description, it seems you want to apply query parameter in your stored procedure to retrieve data. We are able to use the query parameter to retrieve data. 

123.PNG

However, it's not possible to populate a date picker into query parameter. And we can't only use "Query" type parameter in a query, which means we have to use "Any Value" or "List of Values". 

234.PNG

For your requirement, if you just need to filter records between two days, you can directly use a "Between" Data slicer.

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Could you please reply in brief I had same kind of situation but I had no date field on main query how can I do this. I need a seperate slicer that is going to call the proc parameters which should be same startdate and enddate. StartDate would be the starting day of year and enddate is todaysdate

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @paulinuk2017

What I have done in the past is to have all the data in a dataset and then by using Dynamic Filters and slicers getting the values selected and then using them to do a comparison.

I do have a blog post that relates to Change Tables, and the only difference is that you would use the dates as what you wanted to compare in the Change tables.

https://www.fourmoo.com/2017/08/22/power-bi-using-change-tables-to-compare-data/

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors