Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Active Directory Scheduled Refresh

Hello,

I have created a report within Power BI Desktop that uses Active Directory Data of our on-premise environment to report on number of computer accounts and some more attributes.

I shared this report via "Publish" to app.powerbi.com and shared it with other coworkers.

Now when I was thinking I could set it up for automatic scheduled refresh that app.powerbi.com would automatically query AD regularly and update the report.

- I have a Power BI Pro license

- We are an O365 customer using Azure Active Directory

- O365 is connected via ExpressRoute

- Data Gateway (enterprise not personal) is also setup but not available as option

Error message I get is following and when I click edit credentials, I only get an hourglass and nothing happens.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Thomas

2017-05-24_15-38-58.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

@Anonymous Have you created the data source on the OPD gateway that matches the connection in the Desktop file exactly?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Eno,

I do not see an option in the OPD gateway to setup a connection to our on-premise Active Directory or can you guide me where I should be looking at?

Thanks.

@Anonymous grr. It appears this is one of those data sources that either only works in the Desktop, or requires the personal gateway. From what I see, there could still be issues but it may depend on permissions in AD.

Either way, not good.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors