Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AGo
Post Patron
Post Patron

Activate and manage customer's BI online

Which is the best solution to activate and manage customers's BI service? Since we can't have multiple gateways on the same machine, we have hosted different types customer's DBs and we can't: - activate different gateways and Power BI pro plans for each customer - update reports and distribute to them It isn't cost efficient to create a virtual machine for each customer and it isn't practical to have an admin account inside every customer tenant. Is there a good solution to this problem?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @AGo,

How about setup a main tenant then use B2B feature to add external users and share contents?

Distribute Power BI content to external guest users with Azure AD B2B

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Could you give more details around managing a Customers BI Service?

Do you have your own service as well as as the Customers?

Or are you looking to host multiple customers data via one or many databases?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi @GilbertQ.

Every customer has a separate DB, in hosting at us or in his server. 
The ideal thing would be that we were the administrators of all the gateways we install and then share the various reports organized in containers (one for each customer). Without losing the ability to decide whether to leave the customer the ability to change the report or not and to assign RLS. Which solution best fits these needs?

Thanks in advance

Hi there

It would appear if they are all hosted in your environment then you could possibly use one gateway, but you would need to ensure that the load from multiple customers could be handled by the Gateway.

I would possibly suggest having separate gateways depending on how large the data volume is of refreshing or directquery or liveConnection

Power BI Blog

Unfortunatly they're not in my environment, they have their own yet. Is there any solution? Thanks

Hi there

Due to the way Power BI is currently architected the gateways would need to remain in the Azure Tenant

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors