Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Action buttons do not work after publishing

Hi, I have created a report in the desktop app that contains various buttons and links to other reports / URL.

It works fine to click on these in the desktop app but when I publish the app then the whole report seems to just become a "picture" in the online app and nothing is clickable. Any idea why this is happening and how I can fix this? 

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I got it to work by using the layering function which is next to the send to back / send to front buttons. 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I got it to work by using the layering function which is next to the send to back / send to front buttons. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I solved it, I changed the layering of items in the report (not send to front but the button next to it)! 

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous 

Check out the report settings in the desktop

aj1973_0-1618927021868.png

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Amine, thanks for your response. Which settings are you referring to? I have the same settings are in your picture. 

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous 

You were talking about the Crossfilter capabilty is working in desktop and not working in Service, didn't you? then you need to check box the Crossfilter. the rest it is you who knows better what you need to check..

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again, I tried turning that on and re-published but unfortunately it is still not working.. Nothing is clickable still.

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

I see,

Do you have a Pro License? if so, do you have all permissions on in the service?

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Amine, yes I do, and I earlier today published a report with hyperlink (url text) and that worked fine. It seems like the action buttons of some reason are not working (action -> URL) when publishing..

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Is the Button that is not working or the URL that is not poping up?

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's the button itself. The button + URL works fine in the desktop app. When publishing, nothing at all happens when I click the button (the mouse does not turn into a hand either, so it doesn't recognize that it's clickable)

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Ok, I can suspect 2 things, you either don't have permissions or there is a bug some where.

Please try to build a sample report where you can use one button and the URL you are talking about. Then publish it to another workspace and see how it works out

Let me know please!

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Amine, I tested now with your proposal and the reason for the button not working is that I have put a grey box behind (to "sorround" the button with some text, imagine like a Windows explorer window with a button). So it seems like that grey box is getting over the button. I will play around today and see how I can make it work. Will get back with my findings. Thanks for your ideas 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors