Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

elduddz

Accessing Power BI defaults to ADFS when I want to use a personal account

I have a situation where I have a personal MSDN subscription provided by work, and recently the business has moved to ADFS.

The account in ADFS uses the same email as my MSDN subscription.

Normally when logging into other MS services I get the option of if this is Personal or Work, but Power BI is defaulting to Work, which does not have access to the VSTS boards I need.

I am trying to see if I can add my ADFS account as a user on the board, but not sure I have the admin rights or if that might confuse things even more.

1 REPLY 1
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@elduddz,

When you attempt to login to your Visual Studio Team Services, you may receive a Login failed message. There are two common reasons why you may not be able to authenticate successfully:

1) You are signed in with a personal account, rather than your work or school account

2) Your Visual Studio Team Services deployment does not support oAuth 

Please refer to troubleshooting section in the link below.
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-content-pack-visual-studio/

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors