Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

zanottiluca
Helper II
Helper II

Accessibility in Embed PowerBI in a website

Hi all, 

I have a quick question regarding the Accessibility of PowerBI report. 

I have read and digested the following "very much detailed and interesting topic" about accessibility. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-accessibility-overview 

However one point i could not find not here nor elsewhere is relate to the embeddin of PowerBI in a website (full accessible): is the accessibility still valid in terms of navigation with keyboard, set up contrast etc if the report/dashboard is embedded in a website? Or there are impacts (i.e. it does not always work)? 
A quick example: the option in the service "High contrast colour" will still be available if thi is embedded in a website? 

Thanks in advance for your help
Luca

1 REPLY 1
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @zanottiluca ,

"is the accessibility still valid in terms of navigation with keyboard, set up contrast etc if the report/dashboard is embedded in a website? Or there are impacts (i.e. it does not always work)? "

Yes, it still works when the report/dashbord is embeded in a website.

The limitation is this:

i6.PNG

"The Power BI service also attempts to detect the high contrast settings selected for Windows, but how effective and accurate that detection is depends on the browser being used for the Power BI service."

" Those high contrast colors follow the report when published to the Power BI service or elsewhere."

Design Power BI reports for accessibility 

In Power BI Desktop, we can either create accessible reports or create reports using accessibility tools, these are all for better viewing.

When we view the report, Windows system comes with a function. In addition, Power BI also has related features. You can learn how to use them in the official documentation.

i7.PNG

i8.PNG

(High-contrast colors is just one of the accessible features. )

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors