Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dirkmuis
Helper II
Helper II

Access within the PowerBI service

I've created some data, reports and dashboards with RLS on the principlename.

Meaning that the data will be filtered by the person opening the app according to our datamodel.

To be able to access the data I need to give that account access within the PowerBI service to the dataset. 
So for the Dynamic RLS role I have, I need to add every single e-mail adres which I'm sharing the App with otherwise that person is not allowed to view the data.

Secondly, I can also grant access on dashboard and report level, but that doesn't seem to be necessary?

2 REPLIES 2
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @dirkmuis 

You may set RLS in desktop.Please check this article.If you set the RLS,there is no need to grant access on dashboard.

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

But I do need to give every single user access to the dataset. When the user table used for RLS is filled dynamically this can be a strugle as you need to find out the new users each time?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors