Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

brunoh
Frequent Visitor

Access to reports included in an app

I create reports, then I publish them, then I include them in an app. I want to give access to my app and the included reports to my colleagues. Now, managing the access is totally confusing : 

- I can share the main dashboard with a list of people

- I can share each individual report with another list of people

- there is yet another list of "members" of the application workspace, which can be different

In the end I can have (at list) 3 different lists of people having access to the app, part of it, or none, etc. So :

- in case of contradiction between these lists, which one supersedes the others ?

- if I just want one list of people having access to all the content of one app, where do I have to make the list ?

I would like a simple tutorial explinaing the principles of these multiple entries and the way to make it simple 🙂

thank you for your help

2 REPLIES 2
Tallies
Frequent Visitor

Hi @brunoh my understanding is that if you bundle reports and dashboards as apps you only have one security option when publishing the app, you can find this under 'Access' when you publish or update and app. You are not able to assign groups to the bundled content. Might be able to achieve this therough RLS but it adds more admin layers.

My advice as an alternative to look at, is to rather share the reports/dashboards from within the Workspace and then only add the groups that need access. 

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @brunoh

you could publish an App (which contains all the content you want to share) to a specific group.

this group can be a Office 365 groups.

Reference:

create and share apps

Create an Office 365 group in the admin center

Best Regards

Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors