I create reports, then I publish them, then I include them in an app. I want to give access to my app and the included reports to my colleagues. Now, managing the access is totally confusing :
- I can share the main dashboard with a list of people
- I can share each individual report with another list of people
- there is yet another list of "members" of the application workspace, which can be different
In the end I can have (at list) 3 different lists of people having access to the app, part of it, or none, etc. So :
- in case of contradiction between these lists, which one supersedes the others ?
- if I just want one list of people having access to all the content of one app, where do I have to make the list ?
I would like a simple tutorial explinaing the principles of these multiple entries and the way to make it simple
thank you for your help
you could publish an App (which contains all the content you want to share) to a specific group.
this group can be a Office 365 groups.
Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Hi @brunoh my understanding is that if you bundle reports and dashboards as apps you only have one security option when publishing the app, you can find this under 'Access' when you publish or update and app. You are not able to assign groups to the bundled content. Might be able to achieve this therough RLS but it adds more admin layers.
My advice as an alternative to look at, is to rather share the reports/dashboards from within the Workspace and then only add the groups that need access.