Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gooranga1
Power Participant
Power Participant

Access reports on left panel defaults to old or hidden pages

I have noticed in the last couple of days using the left hand list of reports/dashboards to navigate reports is annoying opening reports on old and hidden pages?

If I navigate to the reports by clicking the workspace name and then selecting reports and then the report I want the report opens ok.

Has anyone else noticed this behaviour using the left hand side report list?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hi, @gooranga1

The issue has been reported before internally: CRI 57704849

By Design. Hidden pages is not a security feature, just a convenience for hiding DrillThrough pages that don't make sense without a filter context. Hidden pages are not typically navigable in Reading View, but if you have a direct link to that page or you save the report on that page. We open to the page that was open at last save. Please ask user to navigate to a different page in Desktop, Save the report, and then re-publish or upload.

Best Regards,
Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @gooranga1

I have tested on my side, but not reproduce the issue. what is "opening reports on old and hidden pages" ?

Please share some screenshots of comparison for us.

Best Regards,

Lin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-lili6-msft,

It's a bit tricky to give screen shots as it would contain sensitive information.

I have 1 workspace with 2 pbix files published and they were based from the same original pbix file. They were then subsequently developed separately and had pages "hidden" in the desktop application by right clicking the tab and then published.

HidePage.PNG

When the 2 reports were published they had these identically named tabs but they were hidden from view but when I was using the left hand panel I noticed that the default page for one of the reports was one of the hidden tabs. But only if I navigated via the left panel not the workspace name link below.workspacelink.PNG

I have worked around this issue by actually physically deleting he hidden tabs in the pbix files which seems to have fixed it but sometimes I like to keep the hidden tabs as users can change their minds again and it saves recreating stuff.

hi, @gooranga1

The issue has been reported before internally: CRI 57704849

By Design. Hidden pages is not a security feature, just a convenience for hiding DrillThrough pages that don't make sense without a filter context. Hidden pages are not typically navigable in Reading View, but if you have a direct link to that page or you save the report on that page. We open to the page that was open at last save. Please ask user to navigate to a different page in Desktop, Save the report, and then re-publish or upload.

Best Regards,
Lin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors