Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Access multiple datasets from the same report

Context:
The project that I am developing consists in that I have the sales data of various products for several years, but being so large the amount of data was divided and now there is a different report for each year (one PBIX for each year).

Need:

The source of the information is a database that I access through Azure Blob Storage, the data structure would be the same for each PBIX file and only the specific data would change. I would connect through Azure Blob Storage and there I would find a PBIX file for each year, my need is to be able to read the information for each year within a single report and for example when viewing a year and apply a filter, if I change to another year, show me the information referring to that year with the same filter that I use.

In this graphic I explain a little more what I need:

Captura.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

What I would then do is you can create another PBIX which has got all the years?

This would make it really fast when used.

You could try and composite models, but this could potentially be slow because it will have to query across multiple datasets when a change is made.

Here are more details: DirectQuery for Power BI datasets and Azure Analysis Services (preview) | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Why not create a single PBIX that has all the years?

You can then filter the report to have the year that you want or the PBIX can then be published with the filters in place.

That will allow you to only maintain one PBIX?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, @GilbertQ thanks for answering
They have to be several .PBIX since each year has a lot of data and the client requested among the requirements that it be handled in that way, one .PBIX for each year.

Hi @Anonymous,
have you found a solution to your problem yet? I'm also looking for a way to be able to choose from multiple data sets within the same report.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors