Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ivo
Frequent Visitor

Access links for B2B users

Good afternoon!

A little while ago, I started sharing content with guest users (B2B access). All was well and fine and everyone accepted the limitation of B2B users not being able to see the sidebar. I recently came up with an idea of a web portal to house all these links along with brief descriptions as the plan is to share more and more content with these B2B users.

However, when I hyperlink the access link of a report/dashboard external users can't access those, despite the content behind the link being explicitly shared with said users. They can access given content from the automated sharing email MS sends them.

Is there a way to set up a single link that works for all B2B users? Am I missing something obvious?

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Ivo,

From my opinion, it is not available to share content with B2B users via sharing a single link. In Power BI service, we can not share content with a user even inside the organization via sending him/her an access link. If you want them to view report through a link, you may need to "publish to web" to generate an embedded URL.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yulgu-msft,

I've already shared via the normal route, i.e. when I click on the "Access" tab on the right hand side I can see the users' names and that they have access.

From the same "Access" tab, I get the direct link from the "Dashboard Link" field in the bottom (see attached image). This link works for internals but not B2B users - do you know what might be causing it?

Dashboard Link Example

Hi @Ivo,

There is no B2B user in my environment for my test. But I ever tested to share dashboard with external users outside my organization. The only way for them to open and view dashboard content is to click the shared link from e-mail.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yulgu-msft,

Do you know if single-access links for all consumers (including B2B) is a planned feature for the future?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors