Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Access is lost

Hi I have several dashboards and reports within the company that have different access levels. 

Somehow already 3 persons have lost their access to reports since the early beginning of 2019!

Last year they were available to see the content, but now they cannot see the reports although they are on the list in Row Level Security. Two persons should have the access to all reports, and one only country-based. 

I have tried to remove and add role, but without success. 

Please help as these are very important reports and it is important that they see company data on-time. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-yuezhe-msft

I think I have found the issue. The users were run out of power bi trial licences. Such a shame that for only looking at reports they need to have PRO version as I have. But the case is solved now!

Thank you for your time and effort.

BR
Anni

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-yuezhe-msft

I think I have found the issue. The users were run out of power bi trial licences. Such a shame that for only looking at reports they need to have PRO version as I have. But the case is solved now!

Thank you for your time and effort.

BR
Anni

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

I am unable to reproduce this issue on my side. What is the result when you Test as role in Power BI Service for  those who are not able to view data?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-yuezhe-msft

The dashboard has information for all countries' users and they are already grouped into countries so they don't see what is the growth and revenue for other countries. Only upper level employees can see this information. 

In RLS I can see that members do have the access to this dashboard. They are in the list, also their colleagues can see the report.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

What do you mean a workspace with global access?

In your scenario, you would need to add all the user as RLS role members following the  guide in this article, and share the dashboard to these users.

Regars,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft

The message users see is -

This content isn't available.

Learn more about Power BI.

1) I publish this report to a workspace with global access. 

2) I have the rights to add users, but the list of them was created some time ago as I have taken over duties of an ex colleague.

3) There is only one email in the Share recipient list, some kind of mycompany.onmicrosoft.com email address so I guess all the users can see the content without the need to be in this list! 

Best,

Anni

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

Could you please post the detailed error message users get?  

Additionally, we also need to know the following things.

1. Do you publish the report to "My Workspace" or an app workspace?
2. Do you add the users as RLS role members in Power BI Service?
3. Do you share dashboard to the users?

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors