Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tsdick
Resolver I
Resolver I

Access List of Users that have Shared Link Access

How do I view a list of the users that have been emailed the link to a PBI file (Shared Access)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

"Manage permissions" option on datasets shows list of direct access users but shared link user list is incomplete.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
ChandraTeja
Frequent Visitor

Hello @tsdick ,

Go to the original report connected to the dataset to which the link was shared. Click on the three dots next to the link and select  manage access. This will show a vertical panel in the right. Under the section "this link works for" you can find the list of people who currently have access to this link.

Hope this helps.

Hello Chandra, did you see my Thursday reply (7 of 7).  I am still unable to access the shared link list.  Thanks for your help.

Tim

If a link has been granted to an account/group all the participants within that group will have permissions on the report. If you already had the share option enabled on that permissions , I dont think there is a way to get a list of users that shared these emails containing the links and the list that  have been sent to. This panel in the manage access/permissions will only show currently who can access the report via corresponding links.

I use the PBI web service Share function (on the displayed PBI report) to Sent a Link via email to individuals (no groups).  I don't recall what "Who would you like the link to work for?" or "Settings" I selected for these individuals.  These individuals are not set up in the Workspace direct access list.  

There are many individuals that are not set up in the Workspace direct access list, but do have access to PBI reports in the Workspace (based on my emailed link).  

Are you saying that there is no way for me to view a list of the individuals that I have emailed a shared link?  I don't need a list of subsequent shares (if this is even possible), only the list of my shares.  I can view the direct access list, but this is not the list I need.

Thanks.  

Thank you Chandra for the quick reply.  The "report" more options list includes a "manage permissions" but no "manage access".  Selecting "manage permissions" produces a panel but there is no "this link works for" column heading.  None of the columns in the "manage permissions" panel leads to a list of users that shared link emails have been sent to....  Help!

tsdick
Resolver I
Resolver I

I am still unable to view a list of users that have received shared link emails.  I have clicked thru reports, dashboards, setting, security, manage permissions, direct access, links, shared, etc, etc, etc.  How does the PBI owner view the list of users that shared link emails have been sent to?

I can easily see the list of users w/ direct access but the shared link user list is elusive.

Thanks.

Tim

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @tsdick ,

Depends on the public method of your link settings, there are the following three:

People in your organization

People with existing access

Specific people

User list shows that all can only be people with People with existing access, if you set it to People in your organization

Or Specific people, you can only see part of it

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-share-dashboards#link-settings

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @tsdick ,

If you go  select the "Manage permissions" option on the report you can see who has "links" and "direct access".  I that what you are needing?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

"Manage permissions" option on datasets shows list of direct access users but shared link user list is incomplete.

Hello,

1. Is there a way to see users who are using a report through a link?

2. How can get this information - PowerShell command?

aafr_0-1702421044245.png
3. is there a way to remove link from multiple reports at once?

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors