Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bpetrillo153
Frequent Visitor

Access Issues for Some Users

Hi All, 

I recently recreated an existing report with RLS and published it in a different workspace then where the dataset lives. When it was configured this way, access and RLS worked just fine. 

We recently moved the dataset to the same workspace where the report lives then changed the datasource settings in the report so it now points to the dataset in the same workspace. Since doing that, some users are having issues trying to access the report. Everything is setup the exact same that it was before, the only thing different is that the dataset is now in the same workspace as the report. We haven't deleted out the old dataset from in the other workspace yet. Do you think this could be causing some sort of access bug? 

The weird thing is that for one of our RLS roles, we use 1 ad group. And there have been instances where a handful of users cant see that data in the report, where others can, but they all belong to the same AD group. That AD group also grants them access to the APP where the report is published. 

Any help is appreciated! 

Thanks, 

7 REPLIES 7
Tutu_in_YYC
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@bpetrillo153 wrote:

...Since doing that, some users are having issues trying to access the report.

What kind of error are they getting?

For RLS, this is the second post concerning RLS not working correctly. I wonder if its a global issue. 

They are unable to see the data, but can access the report. 

Are they part of the workspace? If not, my guess is you need to re-add them into the permission management of the dataset. Due to the migration, they may have access to the report, but lost permission to read the migrated dataset.

Tutu_in_YYC_0-1652128902130.png

If you have RLS, you may need to add them to the RLS roles again

They dont have access to the workspace but they have direct access to the dataset that the report uses. And they also have access to the APP where the report lives. 

The weird thing is that we have some members in the AD group that can see the data but then others can. More indiviudals can see it then can't. But its still weird how users are setup the exact same yet some can see the data and others cant

Do they get this error msg?

Tutu_in_YYC_0-1652129796136.png

bpetrillo153_0-1652129914263.png

This is the error message they get

I experienced that error last week. And it has resolved itself this week. I hope it would be the same for you. But keep us posted, and if it persists, i'd submit a ticket.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors