Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Rewind
Helper I
Helper I

Access Forbidden - dataset connected to dataflow no longer refreshing

Background:

I have a dataflow connected to an on-premises SQL server. The SQL server has be configured in our gateway. The dataflow is refreshing correctly automatically and on demand.

I have a dataset (and report) connected to the dataflow. The PBIX file can connect to the dataflow and refreshes on demand in the desktop application.

I published this report to a Premium Capacity workspace and setup automatic refreshes for twice a week.

Under settings for the data set:

Data source credentials

PowerPlatformDataflows (admin has granted access, credentials are not required)Show in lineage view

However, every time I refresh the dataset (whether automatically or manually from the workspace) I am receiving the following data source error

Data source error:{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_InvalidConnectionCredentials","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_InvalidConnectionCredentials","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"The credentials provided for the PowerPlatformDataflows source are invalid. (Source at PowerPlatformDataflows.)"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourceKind","detail":{"type":1,"value":"PowerPlatformDataflows"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourceOriginKind","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Web"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourceOriginPath","detail":{"type":1,"value":"https://api.powerbi.com/powerbi/globalservice/v201606/clusterdetails"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mash...
Cluster URI:WABI-AUSTRALIA-SOUTHEAST-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Help? 😞 

3 REPLIES 3
DenisSipchenko
Advocate III
Advocate III

Have the same issue.

Just want to mention:  issue appeared after migration from "Power BI dataflows (Legacy)" connector to "Dataflows" connector.

DenisSipchenko_0-1668177576401.png

P.S. Next week will roll back...

benjaminsmith
Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue, I have tried everything I could think of to get it to refresh to no avail. I submitted a support ticket and will let you know if they find a resolution.

SivaMani
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@Rewind Are you using the same credentials in both Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service? The error message says invalid credentials.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors