Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BenderIsGreat
Frequent Visitor

Access DB Dataset Refresh error Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0

I have a report built in PBI Desktop using an Access DB on Sharepoint as a source (using the Sharepoint folder Connector).  I can work with the file in desktop no problem and refresh at will.  When I publish the report to service, I get an error regarding the Access OLEDB provider.

Image 2.png

I have the Access Database Engine installed on my local machine and, as mentioned, I can refresh in desktop no problem.  I can also pull a local copy of the Access DB and open/edit it.  This only seems to be impacting when published to service.  This worked fine for the first few days after it was published and only staretd erring at the end of August.  I see many mentions of this error in relation to having a .xls Excel source, but nothing around AccessDB as a source.   I've gone through this article as well to no avail.

Has anyone else seen this and were you able to fix it?  For now, whenever teh data is refreshed I have to open in Desktop, refresh, publish.  Would much prefer to let the data set refresh daily within service

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

I met the same problem.  I thought PowerBI cloud server should install the Access 2010 - 64bit.  

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @BenderIsGreat,

By my tests with using an Access DB on Sharepoint as a source(using the Sharepoint folder Connector) as your option. I could reproduce your issue like below.

error.PNG

Actually, if we want to connect the access DB in SharePoint, please follow the steps which could refresh successfully in Power BI Service by my test.

1. Create your table in Access and save it as SharePoint then you will get the table list in your site in SharePoint.

move to sharepoint.PNG

2. Then we should connect this data source in SharePoint with the SharePoint Online list connector.

3. Create the report and publish it to Power BI Service. Go to Setting and find the dataset of the report then edit credential.

4. Then when you change your data source in Access and refresh in Power BI Service, it will work as expected.

Untitled.png

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors