Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Abt On-premise data gateway

Hello Everyone, after i configure all the things in ON PREMISE DATA GATEWAY,

"Installation Failed. Your organization has restrictions on who can install On-premises data gateways. Please contact your service admin or your tenant admin."

This is the error that i am getting, i am the admin of that workplace, i can't figure out what to do, please can somebody help

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

The ability to install gateways is determined in Power Platform Admin Center.  You have to go there first.

Go to https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/

Then go to Data Preview

Then Select "Manage Gateway Installers"

Then make sure that you name is in the list if the restrict users is selected

steps.jpg

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

View solution in original post

arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

Please reach out to your Power BI Admin/Team they will help you to configure the gateway or add your data source to existing dataway.

This restriction has been implemented by them as per governance policy so that only limited user can configure Gateway.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution and give it a thumbs up

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!

You mentioned your are Workspace Admin, can you confirm if you are Power BI Admin as well

arvindsingh802_0-1626259405186.png

Can you see above screen
If No - you are not Power BI Admin, reach out to your admin they will abe to help as I mentioned in previous comments

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution and give it a thumbs up

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!

9 REPLIES 9
arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

Please reach out to your Power BI Admin/Team they will help you to configure the gateway or add your data source to existing dataway.

This restriction has been implemented by them as per governance policy so that only limited user can configure Gateway.

Anonymous
Not applicable

InkedScreenshot 2021-07-14 025649_LI.jpg

Hello Arvind @arvindsingh802 , as i said in the question that I'm the admin. One gentleman suggested me to go to Power Platform Admin Center and then select "Manage Gateway Installers", but as you can see from the pic. that i am not getting "Manage Gateway Installers" option. What should i do?

You mentioned your are Workspace Admin, can you confirm if you are Power BI Admin as well

arvindsingh802_0-1626259405186.png

Can you see above screen
If No - you are not Power BI Admin, reach out to your admin they will abe to help as I mentioned in previous comments

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. Thank you. I am not the BI admin.

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

The ability to install gateways is determined in Power Platform Admin Center.  You have to go there first.

Go to https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/

Then go to Data Preview

Then Select "Manage Gateway Installers"

Then make sure that you name is in the list if the restrict users is selected

steps.jpg

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

InkedScreenshot 2021-07-14 025649_LI.jpg

Hello my dear friend @collinq , due to some reasons there is no "Manage Gateway Installers" showing in my  Power Platform Admin Center. I'm really sorry if this question seems ridiculious.

Click on On-Premises data gateways

Turn Tenant administration for gateways to On (on the right top)

Now Manage Gateway installer shows up

gateway installer.PNG

sry to ask the same question, i am having totally the same issue, do you have any way to figure it out?

Hi @Anonymous ,

I do think that you will need to be a Power BI Admin to make this work.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors