Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

About page refresh in Power BI Service

Here is the scenario and I have to make some questions to clarify some things:

• Through Direct Query Power BI desktop access data from sensors that stored in a SQL Server database in Azure.
  • A report has been created with all these data and published to Power BI service.
  • From Power BI service (PRO license) the report is embedded ( Embed Report->Publish to web(public) ) in a website for demo purposes, we don't want for the moment to restrict access.

I've set the "Page Refresh" feature to Refresh Type-> Auto page refresh and Refresh this page every-> 10 minutes. Here is a screenshot. 

auto-refresh-pbi-service-note.png1. Could someone please explain what "Admin interval 30 minutes" is?

2. I have a card on the embedded report that shows when the report refreshed, but it is refreshed only every 30 minutes. Is this the admin interval mentioned in question number 1?

3. So, if the embedded report on the web page is refreshed, by default, every 30 minutes what's the purpose of changing the "Refresh this page every... X minutes" option?

4. I've left the report in Power BI service in an active tab and the refresh does not take place, I have to press the refresh button. Why "Actual rate--" and "Last refresh--" are always blank?

5. Generally speaking, what is the of "Refresh this page" between Power BI service and the same report embedded in a webpage?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
otravers
Community Champion
Community Champion

Start by reading the documentation which will answer at least some of your questions:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-automatic-page-refresh#fixed-inter...

------------------------------------------------
1. How to get your question answered quickly - good questions get good answers!
2. Learning how to fish > being spoon-fed without active thinking.
3. Please accept as a solution posts that resolve your questions.
BI Blog: Datamarts | RLS/OLS | Dev Tools | Languages | Aggregations | XMLA/APIs | Field Parameters | Custom Visuals

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
otravers
Community Champion
Community Champion

Start by reading the documentation which will answer at least some of your questions:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-automatic-page-refresh#fixed-inter...

1. How to get your question answered quickly - good questions get good answers!
2. Learning how to fish > being spoon-fed without active thinking.
3. Please accept as a solution posts that resolve your questions.
BI Blog: Datamarts | RLS/OLS | Dev Tools | Languages | Aggregations | XMLA/APIs | Field Parameters | Custom Visuals

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors