cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

About TimeLine

My collegues who use PowerBI asked me the question why every time when they open a PBI report, the time line is always set up on interval that was fixed when report had been lately modified.

It could be much better if the time interval is fixed on the latest period, as example it could be the current month period.  Now many users get confused when they see at data of past periods but in fact they'd like to see what's going on now. Are there any solution of this trouble?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: About TimeLine

Hi @Kostya,

Do you mean the Time line visual? Power BI will save the status of the file when you save the file or close the file. You can click the blank place of the visual to clear the selection. 

Someone would want this feature. For example, if I want to show a special interval of the report, I can select it and save it, then send it to my colleague.

If you still want to add a new feature, please submit an idea here: https://ideas.powerbi.com.

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Upcoming Events

Upcoming Events

Wondering what events you could join or have an event to promote yourself? Check out our Upcoming Events.

Upcoming Events

Community Summit North America – Join Online!

Join this community-driven Power Platform digital event for unbiased support and problem-solving.

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Top Solution Authors