Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

david904229
Helper I
Helper I

About Power BI Embedded Pricing

Hi Community,

How exactly is powerBI embedded priced?

I'm not very familiar with this service....

In addition to the hourly price on the official website, is there any additional cost? For example, based on the amount of data, transmission, etc.

Please help to solve my question. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ranbeermakin
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @david904229 

Power BI Embedded is for embedding your Power BI assets (reports, dashboards, visuals) in your own application. If this is your purpose, here is the pricing info

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/power-bi-embedded/

Please note once a workspace is attached to an embedded capacity:

1.  All refreshes for datasets residing in that workspace happens using that capacity

2.  Your content is rendered in your application through that capacity

That's the only cost.

The other cost is Power BI Pro account to create and author reports, and publish to that workspace.

Best 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @david904229 ,

The total cost of Power BI Embedded depends on the node type chosen and the number of nodes deployed.

You can refer to this:https://azure.microsoft.com/en-au/pricing/details/power-bi-embedded/ 

Whether one or more users use power Bi embedded, the price depends on the using time of the server.

However, multiple users may slow down the performance in peak time.

Please Refer to the “How to plan capacity for Power BI Embedded” white paper to solve how to purchase appropriate capacity for customers.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ranbeermakin
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @david904229 

Power BI Embedded is for embedding your Power BI assets (reports, dashboards, visuals) in your own application. If this is your purpose, here is the pricing info

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/power-bi-embedded/

Please note once a workspace is attached to an embedded capacity:

1.  All refreshes for datasets residing in that workspace happens using that capacity

2.  Your content is rendered in your application through that capacity

That's the only cost.

The other cost is Power BI Pro account to create and author reports, and publish to that workspace.

Best 

Hi, @ranbeermakin 

Thanks for your answer.

So, if I want embedded my Power BI assets in my own application by Power BI Embedded, I must use Power BI Pro?

Hi @david904229 

Yes, you need a pro license to publish the reports in a workspace. You then need to assign that workspace in an Embedded capacity so that you can embed the reports from that workspace in your application.

Hope this is clear.

-Ranbeer

Please accept the answer if my response provided you a solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors