Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

vinnyclegg
Advocate I
Advocate I

Ability to email a PDF copy of a report: automatically on a schedule or on demand

I just thought I would let some of the users know on here regarding an email I have sent today.

I have recently had the privalage of having a skype conference with a couple of senior program managers with regards to my powerapps usage within my company. Today, I wrote them an email asking if they could either pass it on or directly help me themselves.

I thought it would be important to share it with you, as im sure that some of you have the same fustrations.

Good morning,

I hope you are both well?

I was wandering if you could help me with regards to pointing me in the right direction of someone who works on Microsoft BI?

The community currently seem to be being widely ignored around one specific issue that is continually raised on the community forums, something that would be a key selling point for the service and is pretty much an essential feature for the service to provide.

The feature I am talking about is the ability to email a PDF copy of a report: automatically on a schedule or on demand by clicking a button.

I’m not sure why this feature request seems to be constantly ignored. It is something that is essentially business critical and at the moment it is the only reason I will not be subscribing to the service.

Why is it so important? Well, for my own needs as an example:

As I shown you while on our skype conference call a few weeks ago, me and my team currently work from the recruitment tracking system I built with Microsoft Access Web Apps.

• On a weekly basis the recruitment partners for each region have to download from multiple tables in the system. These are a summary page, Live vacancies, succession planning, candidates waiting to start, candidates started in the last 4 weeks.

• They then have to copy and paste each sheet into the same workbook and then reformat it all to our company branding.

• The workbook is then saved as a PDF and emailed out to our regional and area managers to review and ensure their vacancies are still needed etc, and see people who are going to be/have recently joined us.

I have managed to build a report in power BI that displays the information sent out exactly as is needed. However, I am unable to do anything with it.

The publish to web feature is not an option. We do not want the field teams (area managers/regional managers) to have continuous access to the data, just a snapshot each week.

I am completely certain that every business sends these kind of daily/weekly/monthly snapshot reports out to members of staff, albeit the data they send is probably totally different. If this feature was implemented, I could create such reports for each department in my organisation for their specific needs too. (I’m 100% sure I will ret roped into doing this)

I really hope you can help with the matter, or pass this on to someone who can. Even an explanation on why this isn’t being implemented would at least give me an understanding into why.

Kind regards,

Vinny Clegg

Hopfully I will recieve a better response than some of the users on this forum have so far.

11 REPLIES 11
wome
Frequent Visitor

Hi, I'm curious if there are any updates to this problem? or workarounds maybe?

wome
Frequent Visitor

hi, i am curious if there are any updates or ways to do this, please let me know! 😄

Anonymous
Not applicable

Requerimos que podamos tener la posibilidad de administrar el envío de de reportes de manera programada y desatendida a correos que no sean propiamente de ls institución. Podríamos tener claro para cuando pordríamos tener aguna noticia clara al respecto?

Lorentzt
Frequent Visitor

Is there anything new on this idea?

This is exactly what we need for moving our Customer reports (now created with Excel Power Pivo) into Power BI and would be a great first project for us to implment Power BI in our organization.

xxcorpxx
Advocate I
Advocate I

This would be huge.  I wonder how they would deal with tables that scroll since we can't make them fit with word wrap or anything.  🙂

My marketing team has to send supplier reports on a monthly basis so this would be a very welcome feature.  I really hope the Sept update is big.  My company is losing faith in Power BI V2.  

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@vinnyclegg Definately agree this is a must have feature. Check out this page where similar idea is already posted and as per my understanding features gets prioritised based on number of votes they receive. Also vote for this feature.

yes, it has been posted other times too. One was even closed and marked as complete even though it hasnt been implemented.

@vinnyclegg

Thanks for sharing with us the importance of this feature. It should be a cool function for many Power BI users.

I’ve reported this requirement internally. Hope it can help raise the priority. And I’ll update here if I get any useful information about the plan of this feature.

BTW, I noticed that a Power BI Admin has already asked the team to take a look at this idea. It should be a good news.

Ability to email a PDF copy of a report_1.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

Hi

Is there any update or progress on this feature... ? (it is almost a year later...)

There is a PDF export function on PBI online, but from what i see that's a normal screen grab ?

Thanks

You can now subscribe to a report.  Not exactly what you want but, it will email you and then you can send it out.

Not really ideal i know.  

Fingers crossed

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors