Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

APP Update problem

Hello,

Good day!

Is there any problem with updating the apps? I tried to do and it always says

"You aren't allowing new users to build content from the underlying datasets in this app. Users who already have build permission will retain their permission, but they won't be able to make a copy of the reports in this app. To remove users' existing access to the app's underlying datasets, go to Manage permissions, and remove their build access manually."

I already take out those three individuals who are no longer with our company. I removed their access but still the issues above occur. It won't allow me to update. Is there any issues? I did not have this issue before .

First time to encounter this.

Please advise

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous ,

I would suggest you opening a ticket at https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,

Teige

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
kevhav
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

I also got this message after I removed a user's app permissions. I clicked "Update" anyway, and it still let me publish the app.

This is the exact same warning you get if you uncheck the box for "Allow all users to connect to the app's underlying datasets using the Build permission." In that context, the warning makes sense!

But for the case when you are only removing one or more users from the app, I think the message is poorly worded. It should be a slightly different message! But I think what it really means, in this case, is: it's just a warning that by removing a user from the app, that user (the one who is being removed) will no longer have Build permissions to the underlying datasets. Obviously! (And despite the warning, I actually think that "new users" will still be able "to build content from the underlying datasets in the app," assuming you still have that box checked. And other users who were not removed from the app will be unaffected; they will still have Build permissions, too.)

TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous ,

I would suggest you opening a ticket at https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,

Teige

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors