Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

danielbyerley
Frequent Visitor

APP Dashboard Text Box Tile Link to specific Page of a Report; Custom URL

I have created a dashboard with a variety of Textboxes that serve as Report Links... and quick links to Various Report Pages that I have created. 

These links to the Reports have been created under the Functionality options of the individual text box menu as seen below. 

Text Box Link.PNG

These links work great for links to the general report (such as Customer Satisfaction report). My issue is when I try to set a custom url link to a specific page of the report (say Page2 of the Customer Satisfaction Report). The URL I use directs the end user to my Workspace and thus requires permissions.

If they use the General Report link, they can page over using the tabs... But I would like a direct link to a specific tab to guide New users to the most important information.

I also tried to use the URL of page of the Report of the App, however this yields the same result.

Is it possible to direct users to an individual tab of a report within the App Space? Or currently can this only be done by pinning Visuals and then clicking on the visual? 

Thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4
aallee1
Frequent Visitor

I have been trying to do something similar, I have pinned some visuals from my reports to a dashboard but I want users to land on a different page within the same report when they click on a tile, apparently there is no way of doing this. I have also tried using the external link option and passed the page url where I want users to go if they click on a visual but it takes them to the workspace instead of the reports app. I assumed it was a pretty basic thing and a lot of people will be doing it but apparently it’s not. I hope MS introduces this option soon.

I'd like to do what you described in your reply as far as linking to a specific page in a report. Have you found a way to complete that? 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @danielbyerley,

Please send the user URL which points to the specific report page, let him type in the browser to see if same error throws out?

Is the current dashboard in the same workspace as the report Customer Satisfaction resides in?

Does the visual in Customer Satisfaction report pinned to one dashboard, and this dashboard already shared with that user?

Please share us detail steps to test on our side.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The dashboard is in the same workspace as the report. 

There is no visual from the report pinned to the dashboard. I am looking to create textboxes at the dashboard level and have them linked to different pages of my report using the external links options. 

Since the end users are not a part of the Workspace group, the dashboard textbox link to the workspace report page denies access and states that permission must be given. Or something along those lines. Makes sense because why would they have access to a group that they are not a part of. And giving them access solves this issue. But this link takes them out of the app, and into the group/ app workspace. Which is not where I want them... I want them to use the published app. 

Instead of linking the app workspace report page, I tried to link the App Report Page within a textbox on the dashboard. Which did not work as well, and provided similar results. 

The textbox that I have linked to the report using External Link -> Link to dashboard or Report in the current workspace -> "Select Report". Works great. Directs users to the report within the App. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors