Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Claster
Advocate II
Advocate II

API Localization & Round number

Hello All. I insert data into powerbi using API and I have a some problem.
1. In my profile I set Russian localization but my dates in table look as mm.dd.yyyy, I thought if I set Russian localization that my dates should be like dd.mm.yyyy.
2. Coluld I show dates without time.

1.png

3. Problem with numbers in hints

2.png

4 REPLIES 4
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@Claster

• This setting will only change the language displayed in the site but will not change your date format. Please refer to this document.
  • In PBI Service, you’re not able to change the date format. You can change the format from Date/Time to Date in PBI Desktop. Please refer to this document.
    API Localization & Round number_1.jpg
  • This setting can only control the decimal places in “data labels” but cannot impact the one in “Tooltips”. If you also want to change the one in Tooltips, we can do it in PBI Desktop.
    API Localization & Round number_2.jpgAPI Localization & Round number_3.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

@Herbert_Liu

I can't use PowerBI Desktop because this data set was created by PowerBI API http://docs.powerbi.apiary.io/#

In example i don't see how i could set localization and format of numbers

@Claster

These two functions are not supported in Service but only in Desktop. You can only change the value format in your data source but cannot do it after insert data into PBI Service. You can also vote this idea in this site.

Best Regards,

Herbert

@v-haibl-msft you missed KEY phrase "...I insert data into powerbi using API...". So, this guy can't use Power BI Desktop a-priory. Only JSON scripts.

We have similar problems to.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors