Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

AD Groups

Hi, I have a report that I would like to share with one of our AD groups. However, when one of the members of that group logged into the Power BI service, she was not able to see the report shared with that group, but a gray screen. 

The report was not loading for her. Does this mean that a Power BI license should be assigned to the AD group as well? This particular user already has a Power BI license linked with her individual Microsoft account and she is able to see the report when it is shared with her individual account.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please disregard the previous posts. My user was able to access the App shared only with the AD groups.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Is there anything specific settings on this user?(e.g. security, policy, license)
Any security settings enabled on your report? Does this user came from external tenant and added by Azure b2b feature?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, we use this group to distribute and allow access to our SSRS reports. Sorry, I do not have any other information than that since I don't manage our AD groups. Also, I didn't set any specific security settings on my report for this purpose. It should be available to the users that the report has been shared with. 

As an alternative, I have created a new workspace (preview of the improved workspaces) and have granted "Contributor" permissions for this group. I am still waiting for the test user to tell me if she will be able to log in and view the report using this AD group. If this works, I will continue to use the improved workspace for this purpose.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please disregard the previous posts. My user was able to access the App shared only with the AD groups.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors