Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

db1Intermtn
Helper I
Helper I

A query failed due to an invalid table, column, or object name. error on power bi service.

My report was running normally yesterday but now the report on power bi service gives an error of A query failed due to an invalid table, column, or object name. 

The gateway is online and doesn't seem to have any issues regarding that.

The report works fine on power bi desktop.

I could not figure out the exact issue for this error.

Could anyone please help me figure this out?

Issue name.png

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

HI @db1Intermtn ,

Have you checked if the column name in data source has been changed after the last refresh? The error message indicates that the table or object name is wrong with that in some measure or column, please check it.

Best Regards,

Teige

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

HI @db1Intermtn ,

Have you checked if the column name in data source has been changed after the last refresh? The error message indicates that the table or object name is wrong with that in some measure or column, please check it.

Best Regards,

Teige

Hey @TeigeGao ,

Thank you for your suggestion. Yes, I checked every table and column names and it seems that one column name had been changed that caused the report to break. 

Thank you for your input, have a great day.

Thanks

I experienced the same issue in diiferrent workspaces and with all the reports. It seems that is a bug. Anyone solved?

Many thanks

Francesco

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors