Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

A master filter for multiple datasets within a published apps

Hi all, 

I have created an app that consisted of 4 datasets . 
The app would show four different reports (which are originated from 4 different power bi desktop files). 
However ,these four files use same header filter across all pages
(FYI , The table for the header filters of these 4 report is also from the same SQL table) .

Is it possible to create a master filter that can controls these 4 dataset within the published app? 
Now users have to manually adjust the filter 4 times when they want to change the same settings for these 4 reports. 

I do not want to build these 4 power bi desktop file into 1 power bi desktop file. 
I would love to keep the idea of 4 seperate report but just wish there is a filter that can apply to 4 reports at the same time. 
Does Power BI support that? 

Thanks guys!

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You can use URL parameters for that.  Have a fifth report that holds the global filters you want, and then create URLs from measures that point to the other four reports, but now with the global filters applied.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-url-filters

v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Sorry, it's not accessible currently, you might consider raising it as an idea in the portal to bring the feature coming soon:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas 

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

push...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors