Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gooranga1
Power Participant
Power Participant

A mailbox could not be found for

I am getting an odd error message when I attempt to manage a Group Workspace by selecting members by right clicking from the the 3 dots on the sidebar. We have checked Azure AD and that mailbox is present. Some member of the team can edit group workspace members others can't? This was working fine last week. Anyone else come across this?

error_member.PNG

In addition all the data refreshes using the Enterprise Gateway are working fine still and they are set up using my login credentials. And I can view the group via "Edit Group" menu selection fine. It's just the "member"  selection. error_member1.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@gooranga1

According to this document, “Members” will open the Outlook for Office 365 view of your group, and in Edit Group, you can add or remove members. Are your group admins able to edit group workspace members through the “Edit group” option?

Best Regards,

Herbert

Hi,

Yes I think it's because I have been added to some AD groups I don't need to be in. We have a slightly strange set up to make our data refreshes work because we have non trusting domains. I presume that is the issue as I logon to power bi with a onmicrosoft.com email address even though there is no mailbox.

I think I was given those extra menu options because I got some AD rights I didn't need. I just saw members where I used to see just Edit Group which has been shifted down!

I'll get our IT department to remove me from any AD read groups.

Thanks

@gooranga1

Have you got the extra menu option removed after you’re removed from AD read groups?

Best Regards,

Herbert

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors