Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

A Refreshing Question

I've been working with Refresh in Power BI Service, and have come accross a strange refresh behaviour I'd like to get some more information on.

I have an Orgaization Content pack with a Dataset, a Report and a Dashboard.

When users display the Dashboard, and I refresh the Dataset, the dashboard tiles refresh - great! as expected.

However, when users are displaying the Report, and I refresh the Dataset the Report does not refresh - OK, again as expected.

BUT, if the user then changes to another (unrelated) report then clicks back to view my Report, the Card briefly shows the new data, then reverts back to the old (cached?) data values. On clicking "refresh" on the report,  of course the Report refreshes correctly and everything is updated.

Is this expected behaviour ?

Stuart

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Burningsuit I think that is the standard behaviour as I've seen it with row level security as well. You have a report with RLS and everyone can see everything. As soon as I implement RLS my user then goes back to the report for a split second it displays everything and then reverts to the security you've applied. I believe it's caching as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
felyoubi
Resolver I
Resolver I

It looks like caching is play a trick on you. PBI Service saves your cached data for an hour, sometime a browser refresh Ctrl F5 would do the trick.

Regards,

Fahd

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Burningsuit I think that is the standard behaviour as I've seen it with row level security as well. You have a report with RLS and everyone can see everything. As soon as I implement RLS my user then goes back to the report for a split second it displays everything and then reverts to the security you've applied. I believe it's caching as well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors