Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

429 TOO MANY REQUESTS dataflow

Hi Community,

I am getting a 429 TOO MANY REQUESTS error from refreshing a dataflow.  I asked one of co-worker to take over the dataflow and refresh it and it worked for him.

I am curious to know if sharepoint is using some quota counter on given user and is there anyway we can change it?  If yes, what is the reset duration and what is the counter value?

Secondly, I took over the dataflow again the next day and refreshed it, it refreshed fined, but when I am tried to put an incremental refresh and refresh the dataflow again, it failed.  Then, upon removing the incremental refresh, it refreshed again fine.  So, is there any reason that incremental refresh is not working for this dataflow.  (I am using modified column from SharePoint list for incremental refresh.)

Finally, I see Oauth2 being used in data source credentials option in the dataflow settings.  Can anyone explain what type of Oauth2 grant type we are using here?

Regards

Sabyasachi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Normally this error comes when you try to request more than 1 request in 1 second.

So the thing you can do is go through Avoid getting throttled or blocked in SharePoint. It may give you the basic idea behind this error and you may find out why this error is generated.

And you could read the following article ,wish it could help you!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Normally this error comes when you try to request more than 1 request in 1 second.

So the thing you can do is go through Avoid getting throttled or blocked in SharePoint. It may give you the basic idea behind this error and you may find out why this error is generated.

And you could read the following article ,wish it could help you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors