Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

CindyG
Frequent Visitor

32 bit Access DB - Not able to refresh through PowerBI Service

Hi All,

We are currently using 32 bit Access with 64 bit PowerBI Desktop. Refreshing through PowerBI Desktop is okay since I installed the Access Database Engine X64 on both server (where on-premise gateway is installed) and my personal machines.

The issue is that I cannot refresh the dataset through PowerBI Service once the report is published. I tried both enterprise gateway and personal gateway; neither method works.

Here is the error message:

Cluster URI: WABI-CANADA-CENTRAL-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 5893a7a3-499d-40b6-84c0-fdef76d3f9db
Request ID: 69ad3427-e968-d6ba-96c5-cc8fc147db60
Time: 2020-01-31 14:51:12Z

Please advise how I can make it work without replacing everything with Access 64 bit. 

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CindyG ,

You could refer to the similar thread:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Power-BI-does-not-support-32-bit-Access-DB/td-p/7175

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi, can you try to find the error message. Those are the codes of the error but not the message. It should be next to that at the begining of the error.

If the error is with the plugin I suggest to install a Access Database Engine (x86) to connecto with a 32 bits Access.

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors