Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cwilliams
Helper II
Helper II

2.60.5169.4101 64-bit (July, 2018) Version

Is anyone having issues with the newest version? 

Not all data is being imported into the Query Editor.

Cheryl

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Resolved this issue by duplicating the column mentioned above and then using the original column for splitting the column.

Cheryl

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RMDNA
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @cwilliams,

Could you expand on your actual issue? What do you mean when you say not all data is imported?

One query has column named Bam_id which refers to the FY and account number. There are 20 characters for this field. The first character refers to the fiscal year and the last 19 characters is the account #. When I split the column by 1 character from the left, only records from FY 2012-2013 are visible, even though all the other years were visible prior to the split. I have been troubleshooting the last 2 days – no luck. This just started after the 1st new version in July, 2018. Today, I am updated the BI application with the 2nd version: 2.60.5169.4101 64-bit (July, 2018) Version. After today’s update, I am still having the same issue. Does this make sense?

Hi cwilliams,

"There are 20 characters for this field. The first character refers to the fiscal year and the last 19 characters is the account #. When I split the column by 1 character from the left, only records from FY 2012-2013 are visible"

<---- Can't reproduce your issue. Could you share your pbix file with some sample data as an example for further test?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

The column I was having difficulty with may be a primary key of the table.  Before making a copy of this column, I split the column and then made a copy of the single digit and then merged the single digit with the other 19 characters.  This seems to have resolved the issue.

Prior, I made a copy of the above column and then split the copy not the original.  I was having the issue with the copied, split column.

Cheryl

Resolved this issue by duplicating the column mentioned above and then using the original column for splitting the column.

Cheryl

I have noticed also, that there is a quick error message that pops up while splitting this one column.

The error message states:

"Unexpected Error:  The preview for Section1/Bamast/Split Column by position doesn't exist."

Cheryl

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors