Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JaclynPugh2022
Helper II
Helper II

10240 MB query memory limit - Premium Per User - Missing Capacity Settings in Admin Portal

Hi,

How do I get past the 10240 MB query memory limit ? I have a small data set and need help resolving this error in Power BI Desktop - Premium Per User account.  I have an excel file that I'm using that is connected to power BI through Analyze in Excel in Power BI Services.  As you can see below, there are no settings in my Admin Portal under Capacity Settings - there is nothing to adjust.  Can someone help please?  I need to be able to  use the Analyze in Excel reporting from Power BI Services and need to resolve this error that happens upon refresh as I cannot remove or add of any data fields.  

JaclynPugh2022_1-1667396400336.png

JaclynPugh2022_0-1667396376812.png

4 REPLIES 4
Tutu_in_YYC
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hey,
so unfortunately to get to the settings, you need to be a Power BI admin. 

Second bad news, you cant configure query limit for Premium Per User even if you have access to the admin portal. See the snapshot below.

Tutu_in_YYC_0-1667417668046.png

If you had Premium Capacity ( Organizational license), then you should be able to do it. If you do have premium capacity ( not Premium Per USER ), reach out to your Power BI admin.

If not, you may need to simplify your calculation.

Hope this helps.

Hi,  Last week I was able to add many measure fields to a pivot table from Exel Analyze option form Power BI Services, and this week I have not be able to do any reports or update existing because of repeated query limit errors.  As you can see below, this pivot table is fairly small and im only trying to get a calculated measure to display 12 months worth of variance data.

Could this formlua be written more functionally ?  

PPV =
SUMX(VALUES('PPO Open Conf and Rec'[Yr and Item]),CALCULATE([MTD Weighted Price minus Weighted Avg STD MTD Price] * [Running Total Qty MTD],ALL('DimDate'[MMM-YRYR])))

JaclynPugh2022_0-1667589437396.png

Hi,

Try to remove your Grand Total in your pivot table. We encounter the same issue. As now we did not find a real solution. Let me know if you find one. Thanks

It is not the size of the pivot table that is the issue, its the calculation that is querying alot of rows. The calculation is iterating through a distinct list of [Yr and item], and for every iteration it requires 2 measures to be calculated, and the ALL functions returns a table for every iteration. If this has worked before, but it doesnt now, my guess is something may have changed in the back end of the data.

i see that you have a year slicer in cell B1, try loading the pivot table with only 1 year selected. Does it work?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors