Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pooneh_ce
Frequent Visitor

usage of REST API output from report server(PowerBIReports( ID)/Content/$value method)

I use get method : PowerBIReports( ID)/Content/$value of report server, the output is a a binary file. how can I process this content am embed it into my application?

the header of out put is look like this:

Cache-Control:
no-cache
Content-Length:24 kilobytes
Content-Type:application/octet-stream
Server:Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0
X-Content-Type-Options:nosniff
Set-Cookie:
XSRF-NONCE=53 B, session, HttpOnly
/reports
Set-Cookie:
XSRF-TOKEN=11 B, session
/reports
Content-Disposition:attachment; filename=test.pbix
Date:
Tue, 05 Dec 2017 09:26:14 GMT-1s
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The API your using above is more equivalent to the ExportReport API in PowerBI as it will only download the PBIX file. We do support embedding the report as mentioned in the other reply but we don't currently have a javascript API to interacte with the embedded report, however it is something on our backlog. If you want to request the capability/feature you can post you idea here.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pooneh_ce,

To embed a power bi report from report server in a application, see: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/report-server/quickstart-embed

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-qiuyu-msft Thanks for your reply, but I don't want to use an iframe and access url, I want do the same thing that exists for  power bi on cloud( sample link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/integrate-report ). I think the new rest APIs for  power bi report server have the same functionality, It is true or not?

I tried to ask this question multiple times in this forum but I didn't get my answer till now.

I had read all documetation about new version of power bi report server and I found solutions like the one you mentioned, but my requirement is some thing else, I need to use rest APIs.

The API your using above is more equivalent to the ExportReport API in PowerBI as it will only download the PBIX file. We do support embedding the report as mentioned in the other reply but we don't currently have a javascript API to interacte with the embedded report, however it is something on our backlog. If you want to request the capability/feature you can post you idea here.

@mgmeyer, thnks for your reply. What about .net sdk(https://github.com/Microsoft/PowerBI-CSharp/blob/master/README.md), can it help for powerbi report server?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.