Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

unable to publish pbi report to power bi report server

hello

today I installed a trial (developer) ver of powerbi report server (Version 1.8.7468.41510 (May 2020))

on one of my company servers...

I tried to publish an empty report from power bi desktop (May 2020) from inside the server machine and also from my local device afterI gave myself a permission ... it gave me in both cases 

an error occurred while attempting to save the report to power bi report server

I read .. all topics say it come from pbi version that is lower of server version... but its not..

but so I down graded it until I reached (octobar 2017) but still same error

I tried to deploy an SSRS project from my local device to the server to test if everything for connectivity is ok.. but the deployment of the SSRS was successful...

so anyone can help me why this error occured????

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

it seems that publishing on windows server with development license cause the problem.. it worked with the evaluation(180 day) ...

is that correct????

No, this is not correct. There are no functionality differences between the various editions, it's just the licensing conditions and whether or not they expire. It's possible that the un-install / re-install fixed something.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.