Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Skeletor
Helper I
Helper I

unable to create 'New Datasource' in PBIRS menu

Hello, I try to create a datasource in PBIRS menu by selecting new and then creating a datasource like one would create a datasource in SSRS. I get an error messsage that the keyword is not supported. Has anyone seen this before? (Server name, datbase and user name has been obscured in the error message/settings) The password works, I'm able to directly login to the sql server with this account.

Capture2.PNG

Capture.PNGCapture3.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rpatkar
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

hi,

Please check if the connection string in the right format. The error dialog from screen capture indicates that the connection string was incorrect. If problem persists, then kindly provide error from logs, typically available at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Report Server\PBIRS\LogFiles (the RSPortal* and ReportingServicesService* ones).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rpatkar
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

hi,

Please check if the connection string in the right format. The error dialog from screen capture indicates that the connection string was incorrect. If problem persists, then kindly provide error from logs, typically available at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Report Server\PBIRS\LogFiles (the RSPortal* and ReportingServicesService* ones).

the format of the string was incorrect, the enter button was pressed ( a newline character) was between the server and database. I'll mark this as solved.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.