Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

unable to connect power BI with SAP BW

Hi Power BI experts,

I have issue in connecting my SAP BW system with power BI gate ways, please find the details.

What i have done sofar

1.I have installed .net connector

2.Then using SAP BW ware house connection i have succesfull able to connect SAP BW bex queries and model the data in power BI desk top

3.Then i have saved the report and published the report which returned with no gate way acess to data source

4.Then i have succesfully installed SAP gate way cluster and it says online---you can only get started

5.I have installed SAP 7.5 RFC netweaver libary menyioned in the SAP note 1025361, copied dll files from lib folder and placed it in cdrive---windows---system 32

What i am unable to achieve

1.When i try adding data source with option sap buisness warehouse and provided, server instance clinet and user ID and password details and now i get the error message

Cannot connect: An error has occurred while connecting to. Details: Cannot register this data source for gateway instances in this cluster. For more information about specific errors for each gateway instance, see below. show details

Troubleshoot connection issues

powerBI error.png

1.I am using Power BI desktop version 2.65.5313.1381 64-bit (desember 2018)

2.I have downloaded 64 bit version SAP NW RFC SDK 7.50 library from the below link link, please see the first screen shot

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/softwarecenter/template/products/_APP=00200682500000001943&_EVEN...

SAP NW RFC SDK 7.50 X64bit windows.png

3.I have copied dll filtes from the downlaled SAP RFC libarary from step 2

SAP RFC Dll files.png4.

4.Pasted the copied files in step 3 in to c----windows---system32folder

windows32.png

5.Then  created a gate and tried adding data source which gave us the error.

BR

Lakshmikanth

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.