cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamiestevens28 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: subscriptions parameters empty

Thank you for raising this issue, as we are also experiencing the issue.

I am eagerly awaiting the fix.

jamiestevens28 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for raising this issue, as we had also been experiencing the error.

We are looking forward to the fix.

Any ETA on a Preview build for us to check or a fix for this cascading parameter issue? Thanks!

Power BI Team rpatkar
Power BI Team

hi Dan, we are planning on a CU update before end of February next month. A fix for this issue will be available in that release. Thanks.

Sounds good, thanks for the update!

BI_DSJ_85 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Has this been released yet, resolving the bug>?

Nothing has been released yet this month that I have seen. Still waiting for this to be resolved and the next release / preview of Power BI Report Server.  A few security and fixes have been released since October, but nothing to resolve the cascading parameter issue for subscriptions that I am aware of or can see in the changelog.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/report-server/changelog

Power BI Team rpatkar
Power BI Team

hi Dan, apologies for the delay on this. Team is currently working on releasing the next update to Power BI Report Server (in March) and that release will contain a fix for this issue. Since this bug is not a security issue, we will likely not patch the October release with the fix.

pdbenbow Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

@rpatkar, can you clarify your response regarding patching the October release? Does that mean only users who have installed the June 2017 version will be able to fix this issue when the new release comes out next month?

My team is on Version 1.1.6514.9163 (October 2017) and eagerly awaiting a fix for this issue because it is preventing us from migrating 150 subscriptions from our old server to our new one.

Power BI Team rpatkar
Power BI Team

You will be able to upgrade to the newest build from October 2017 release (or also from June 2017 release if someone has that installed instead). By "patch" I meant we will not release an updated October 2017 installer with just this bug fix but rather release a newer build containing additional features and more bug fixes (including fix for this particular issue).

Hope this helps,

Rohit

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Topics Started Badges Coming

New Topics Started Badges Coming

We're releasing new versions of the badge that everyone's talking about. ;) Check your inbox for notifications.

MBAS 2020

Save the new date (and location)!

Our business applications community is growing—so we needed a different venue, resulting in a new date and location. See you there!

Difinity Conference

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)