Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rgc
Regular Visitor

ssrs reports losing format when migrated to Power Bi Server

Good day

We have installed Power BI Server in our QA enviroment.  I have migrated all the existing reports successfully.  All of the cross tab reports work great.  However there is one report that is just a little more complicated than a plain cross tab that did not migrate successfully.  One example is when I try to have 2 lines in a text box.  Here is a sample expression from the report.

=System.Environment.NewLine +
Fields!Field.Value +
System.Environment.NewLine +
Fields!AcresPlanted.Value.ToString() + " Acres Planted"

It seems to reconize the first System.Enviroment.NewLine.  But the second new line and the AcresPlanted values are all missing?  I have a couple of text boxes with the same behavior.  I have tried to increase the height of the text box, but that did not help, and actually the increase height did not show on Power BI server.  These text boxes are all in the same row of a tablix.

This report also has 5 sub reports.  3 of the sub reports show up just fine.  2 of them do not show up.  If I try to run the sub reports independently they work just fine.  Where would I look for logs and or trouble shoot the issue?  

Thanks for any and all help.

cheers

bob

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.